Sometime ago a psychologist friend said one of the best things a person can do to change one’s perspective on life is to find three things everyday for which to be thankful. I’ve found this is often a game changer in my life when I’m feeling a little low. I’m actually a little stunned at how easy it is to find those three things. Here’s three for today.
- I’m thankful for the chance to spend so much time with my husband these days. He’s just downstairs at the moment working away on things for his church.
- I’m thankful for my crazy puppy, Theodore, who is such a loving creature and constantly makes me laugh.
- I’m thankful that the day is so warm and sunny!
Ok. Here’s three more, just for grins.
- I’m thankful for our beautiful church with three beautiful worship spaces.
- I’m thankful for the wonderful staff people and thoughtful volunteer leaders with whom I get to work!
- I’m thankful for such a loving and supportive congregation.
See? It’s easy, and when we take time to name the things for which we are thankful, it reshapes how we think and feel about our lives. Try it!
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 118: 1
Share This Post:
Dear friends, I have always thought everyone should have a dog because when you…
Hello everyone, Here is a devotional from Pastor Sally: Dear friends, Sometimes things are…
Dear friends, I feel a sense of accomplishment today. Some of you may…